Lately I started to eat more and more raw food. As some of you may know, the enzymes in the raw fruits and vegetables are actually ‘live’ enzymes that help us with the digestion process, makes it easier and way more efficient. As a result, there are hardly any toxins to clean out of the system; the metabolism works better and overall we get much more vitamins, minerals, energy and joy.
Still, here and there I love to eat some cooked food, especially at winter time. But less then before.
The next recipe – raw tomato soup – is very satisfying and healthy. It’s pretty forgiving in the quantities; means that you can change the quantities according to your personal taste (that’s true especially about the garlic! my family likes less garlic as possible while I like it a lot!).
What you need:
* 5-7 ripe tomatoes
* 1 ripe avocado
* Optional: 1 small onion (I love the purple kind as its sweeter)
* Garlic to taste (anywhere between 1/4 to 1 clove)
* 7-8 fresh basil leaves
* Sea salt and freshly milled pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup filtered water
What to do:
* Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a chunky soup or a blend little bit more if you like a smooth soup.
* You may warm it up a bit of course. It will be delicious this way or another!