This is a great recipe for gluten free vegan muffins that are very yummy for adults and children alike!
Makes about 15 delicious small muffins. Please use only small muffin cups!
What you need:
For the muffin:
* 2 cups quinoa flour (you may use regular flour but it will not be gluten free).
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 spoon baking soda
* 1/2 tbs salt
* 3/4 cup coconut oil
* 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas. Must be super ripe for delicious results. No ripe – no good).
* 2 spoons warm water
* 2 spoons natural vanilla extract (not the artificial kind!)
* 1 cup chopped almonds
* 2 medjool dates
For the chocolate cream:
* 1 chocolate bar of non-dairy 80% – 100% cocoa
* 1-3 spoons of maple syrup (100% maple)
* 1 Spoon coconut oil
What to do:
* Heat the oven to 350 degrees
* Chop the almonds and dates well in a blender
* Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, starting with the dry: the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Then add all the wet ingredients. The almonds and dates mix comes last
* You may use a stand mixer to blend everything, or mix it manually
* Add the mix into the cups (Use only small muffin cups, not the regular size)
* Baking time: around 15-25 minutes, depends the oven. Use tooth-pick to make sure the muffin is dry inside
* Make the cream: in a small pot mix all the cream ingredients on a low heat until completely melt and smooth. Taste to see if it’s sweet enough for you. If not, add more maple syrup.
* Apply the chocolate cream on top of each muffin
* Share with family and friends and don’t be surprised if they ask you to bake those again and again!!